Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating Custom Hypertext

Level 3

I'm trying to find a way to create custom hypertext to clean up my reports. We use text fields for people to dump their links, then we pull these fields into a report. I'm trying to find a way to turn these long links into something short like "click here". I've found I can use "value=<a href="https://google.com" target=_blank>Click Here</a>" to create a functional link, but I don't know how to insert the custom text. If this is not a feature, I think finding a way to create a custom link with conditional formatting or a new field type would be useful

2 Accepted Solutions

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In one of the reports I use following column to convert URL field to a custom "click here":

displayname=More Info
link.url=URL
linkedname=html(URL)
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({URL}),"","Click here")
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

Correct answer by
Level 3

I got it to work! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I used your structure, and substituted the "URL" in the "link.url=URL" with

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Custom Field Name)

and the "URL" in the if is blank statement with my custom field to make it work. I did not need a "DE:" in the "link.url"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In one of the reports I use following column to convert URL field to a custom "click here":

displayname=More Info
link.url=URL
linkedname=html(URL)
textmode=true
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({URL}),"","Click here")
valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Level 3

I got it to work! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I used your structure, and substituted the "URL" in the "link.url=URL" with

and the "URL" in the if is blank statement with my custom field to make it work. I did not need a "DE:" in the "link.url"

Community Advisor

Here are some alternate methods as well:

Friendly URL (Using Native URL Field)

displayname=URL
textmode=true
valueformat=HTML
value=Click Here
link.url=html(URL)

Friendly URL (Using Custom Field)

displayname=URL
textmode=true
valueformat=HTML
value=Click Here