Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Creating a Report with a column for notes.

Level 6

I am trying to create a Report that I can have a column that the Project Manager can type notes in. When we run the reports everything works great except sometimes we need to include notes such as "Waiting for Jerry to send new photos" etc. Is there a way to make a column that is editable for this?

OR, I did see the ability to add a column called "Last Condition Note". This sounds like what I want, but I cannot find anywhere to make a note on the condition.

OR, is this best handled by adding a section on a custom form for Project Manager notes. Then is there a way to make a column on the report pull from a custom form field???

I'm trying to dig for answers but this is a hot request from my director so I am hoping someone in here has a solution.

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Tracy,

We had a question similar to this a little bit ago.

If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know!

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 1

Hello, did you ever get an answer for this, I was just ask if this was possible.

Thank you

Maria

Level 6

Hi @MariaRogers , I recommend creating a new custom field and attaching it to a custom form on the project.  Then you can bring that custom field into the report, and it will be editable in report.  

Just note that saving edit history with this method is limited.  Updates should still be posted to the updates section.