Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a new Issue from within a Project?

Level 10

I could use some help on figuring this out. We have a queue system for new Requests and there are several different forms and routing for each type. It works well. However, if you go to "New Request" from within the project you don't get the same choices. Since the Queue Topics/Routing are related to the master project that was designed to be a Queue only project, I'm unclear how I can make those same request streams available to connect it to a specific project.

Am I making sense?

Real world example: We have a Request Queue for Photographs. It's in the "Marketing" project which is set up to the bin that receives all the marketing requests, with several different forms and types of requests people could make, routed to different people for fulfillment.

However, I am working on an Email Project and I need to request a photo for this project. In my current world I have to leave the project and make a new Request that is disconnected from my Email Project. What I would like is to be able to click on the "Issue/Request" section and make the request here, and have the same options as though I was in the Marketing Request Queue.

I hope this makes sense and any guidance would be appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

You would have to set up the same queue topics and routing rules in your project. And if you wanted it in every Email project, you would set it up in the email template. And if your users are used to submitting issues inside a project to begin with, you would want to give them 2 options: the photo request option and a more generic option.

Community Advisor

PS: the only thing that designates something to be a queue-only project is that you have the "publish as a queue" button checked, and you don't put anything else in the project.

Level 10

Thanks for explaining. I suspected this was going to be the answer but was hoping there was an easier way, I'll put it on my to do list or if people start asking for this more frequently.

Community Advisor

You're welcome. Also: I think if folks really want this, you would want to let your photo folks know they'll start getting requests from all over: not just their queue.

Level 10

Wait what? We can't set the queue routing rules the same way? I have to play with this to see how they come through and where they show up. It seems messy.

Community Advisor

well... I mean, you can set up your project to send your issue to the queue (is that what you mean?) but then I guess the question becomes "how do they know that it's tied to your project". Or you can leave the issue in your project rather than sending it to their queue, but they have to know now that they are getting requests from all the projects. Does that make sense?

Level 7

I like to think of it in stark terms, is it a part of this project or is it a different project? In our world it might make sense to assign a task to a user to create / retrieve that photo instead of creating a new project. It would depend on the complexity of the assignment I guess.