Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a centralized document folders for policies/procedures for users

Level 3

Hi All:

We are contemplating putting policies/procedures currently offline into Workfront. We hoped to use the Documents section of the tool to have a single place where all users can go and access them, and then pin that page to their layout templates.

However, I'm having no luck in figuring out how to share a document folder with the user base.

What extremely obvious thing am I missing? Thanks!

RyanMcGee_0-1713533875342.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RyanMcGee - The "My Folders" on your screenshot isn't technically a folder, so that's why it is not shareable. If you go to Add New > Folder and create a folder, it will go in that section, and then you can share it out

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RyanMcGee - The "My Folders" on your screenshot isn't technically a folder, so that's why it is not shareable. If you go to Add New > Folder and create a folder, it will go in that section, and then you can share it out

Level 8

Another idea for you.

We have an project that is admin only where we store our resource guides in the documents area.

We then leverage a dashboard and add the documents as external links to the dashboard.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.19.58 PM.png

To retrieve the url for your document to be added to a dashboard, hover over the document title and right click then "Copy Link Address". Then go back to your dashboard and use the URL you copied.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.25.15 PM.png

Once you are all done setting up your dashboard, your dashboard will look something like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.28.46 PM.png

We hard pin our resource guide dashboard in our layout templates so users always have these at their fingertips.

Hope this helps!