Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create Live Reports in HTML/JS?

Level 4
Is there a way to create live reports? In essence, create a report, but have it generate HTML/JS, so it can be embedded into a website? That way it would always be live, so outsiders wouldn't have to log in to WF and pull the report?
9 Replies

Level 8
I use the option in Report Actions -> Sharing "Make this public to external users" and then put that link into an iframe on my web page.

Former Community Member
Adina - thanks so much for the tip!! We just upgraded our SharePoint and I just replaced a static PDF with this and it worked like a charm! To share info with staff who aren't in Workfront is just fantatic! Thank you! Lena

Level 2
Lena and Adina: Can you provide more details on how you posted a WF report to a SharePoint site? We are attempting the same thing with loading a project report to SharePoint, and would like more details on how you were success in performing this function.

Level 10
Hi: We simply gave the SP developer a link to the report. The developer, I think, merely has a window that goes to that link. It seemed simple, because she had it running in a couple of minutes after sending her the link. Hope this helps. Eric

Level 2
Would you be to show us how to do this in a live demo ? I can set-up a Web-Ex with you and my team, if you are willing. Thanks, Jim McMahan Veritas Technologies

Level 10
Let me contact the SP developer and see if she can explain it. I don't know anything about the SP side. Wait one on the Webex. Thanks, Eric

Level 2
Thank you Eric. I am copying a couple of people from my Team. Pete is the primary WorkFront System Admin for Veritas Technologies. Jan is the SME for our SharePoint site. Thank you, Jim McMahan Jim McMahan Sr. Project Manager Process Excellence & Service Insight Appliances WW Customer Experience & Delivery Operations ________________________________ Desk: (650) 933-1336 Mobile: (510) 359-0959 jim.mcmahan@veritas.com [Mac Pro 7 HD:Users:megumi:Desktop:VERITAS_IDENTITY:ASSETS_DELIVERED:VERITAS_ESIG_RED_w_TM.png] This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Level 10
You’re welcome. The SP developer is still out to lunch just now. As soon as I know what she did, you’ll know. Stand by, please!

Level 8
I haven’t used Sharepoint in over 10 years, but I found these instructions on how to add a ‘web part’: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Display-a-Web-page-on-a-SharePoint-page-by-adding-the-Page-... The url to the report you want to embed is found when you share the report: [cid:image005.jpg@01D212B2.BA02F3C0] [cid:image006.jpg@01D212B2.BA02F3C0] ________________________________