Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Create a report with new row for comma separated concatenated calculated field

Level 2

I have a multi-select field - ProductType. This allows the user to select the type of product they are requesting for (example: Prod 1, Prod 2, Prod 3..... Prod 25) . Based on this selection ProductQuantity field is displayed where they include the quantity of each product (single text fields - ProdQty1, ProdQty2... ProdQty25). The quantity field is displayed using display logic based on product selection in 'ProductType.

I have created 2 calculated fields

1) 'ProductType_Calc' that concatenates the selected 'ProductType' and

2) 'ProdQty_Calc' that concatenates the quantity of selected 'ProductType'

I now want to create a report where I can see the list of ProductType and ProdQty for every project in separate rows. I can see it as a list but the requirement is to have it in separate rows. Can you help how I can achieve this?

Example:

Project 1:

ProductType - Prod1, Prod3, Prod7

ProdQty1 - 5; ProdQty3 - 2; ProdQty7 - 1

Project 2:

ProductType - Prod4, Prod7, Prod16, Prod24

ProdQty4 - 1; ProdQty7 - 3; ProdQty16 - 2; ProdQty24 - 12

The report I want to see is:

Project Name      ProductType        ProdQty

Project 1                Prod1                     5

Project 1                Prod3                     2

Project 1                Prod7                     1

Project 2                Prod4                     1

Project 2                Prod7                     3

Project 2                Prod16                   2

Project 2                Prod24                  12

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Heather,

Thank you for sharing the links. The first one has another link in the reply. But that link is broken. So unable to check the same.

From the 2nd link I understand there isn't a solution to this in Workfront. We can just have some workaround by using "|" or some other special character as a differentiator.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, you'll be happy to hear that concat'ing multiple fields with a comma or dash is actually simple! I have a CONCAT field myself that strings together 3 separate fields with dashes. My calculation below as example:

CONCAT({DE:Requesting Business Area - what BU is this project servicing?}," - ",{referenceNumber}," - ",{name})
adding those hyphens in between separates the fields or you can replace them with a comma.

If this was helpful for you, please mark correct to help others : )
If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Hi Madalyn,

Thank you for your reply.

Probably I didnt phrase my question correctly. Its not the Concat function that I am looking for, but how I can create a report from a concat field.

In the example I shared, I want to create a report where I can see the list of ProductType and ProdQty for every project in separate rows.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Heather,

Thank you for sharing the links. The first one has another link in the reply. But that link is broken. So unable to check the same.

From the 2nd link I understand there isn't a solution to this in Workfront. We can just have some workaround by using "|" or some other special character as a differentiator.