Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Counting The Occurrences of Specific Text Strings

Level 2

Hello,

I am running a Note Report for specific text strings and was curious how I would go about counting how many times a certain text string shows in the comment.

Here is an example of a comment

rCIUvt9VJf.png

In this case I would like to have a count of how many times each text string appears.

From this photo I would get a count of:

• 'Copy/Change:' 9
  • 'Creative Change:' 6
  • 'Creative/Copy Change:' 4
  • 'URL Change:' 5

Is there formula that will achieve this? Thank you in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @Eric_D_Miller,

Although our Magic Reports solution could dissect the notes and aggregate the counts of specific text strings, to my knowledge doing so is beyond Workfront's native reporting capabilities.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @Eric_D_Miller,

Although our Magic Reports solution could dissect the notes and aggregate the counts of specific text strings, to my knowledge doing so is beyond Workfront's native reporting capabilities.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Doug is right -- there's no way to do this. You want to count 4 different text strings, so the only way to do this would be to make 4 reports -- one for each string you want to count. Then, the total lines on each report is how many times that string has shown up.