Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Count of Parent task if status = complete, however, if the children tasks are cancelled, need to exclude those.

Level 3

I am trying to build a report where I am counting the total change rounds for a project. In the template, I have configured it to have 3 change rounds by default (parent task= Change round). I have built a report which counts any parent tasks with "Change round" in it and the status = CPL. However, when I cancel the children tasks under lets say Change Round #3, the parent task still shows up as complete. So in my report I always see 3 change rounds being done. Is there a work around to this one?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Nelson,

I suspect that marking a parent Task as Complete when all the subtasks are Cancelled is As Designed, so suggest you either (procedurally) delete such a parent task (and its subtasks), or rename them in a way (such as typing "CANCELLED" at the end of the parent Task) that then allows you to then exclude them in the report filter (e.g. Name does not contain CANCELLED).

Regards,

Dough