Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Count issues only if custom form is in use

Level 4

I'm trying to create a report with a column that includes the number of issues on a project with a certain custom form attached. I figured the best place to start was with an IF statement that looks for a value in the custom form, but from there I'm a little stumped on to count/accumulate the returns. I also saw the "number of open issues" field, but I need to check closed issues for the form and count as well.

Does anyone have any advice how to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 7

Hey Chris,

Would this work?

displayname=test

linkedname=direct

namekey=totalOpTaskCount

querysort=totalOpTaskCount

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:<your custom field name>}),"",{totalOpTaskCount})

valueformat=HTML

Level 4

No luck. Here is what I'm using:

displayname=test

linkedname=direct

namekey=totalOpTaskCount

querysort=totalOpTaskCount

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Control Number - PCR})," ",{totalOpTaskCount})

valueformat=HTML

and I'm validating it by comparing against a nested list snippet to make sure there should be counts. This is returning results, but it's a list instead of a count:

displayname=All CRs

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(issues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Control Number - PCR})," ",CONCAT("- ",{name}))

valueformat=HTML

So I'd expect any project with a list showing for the nested snippet would then display a count for the new column (again, using this as a way to validate). But so far, I can't seem to get a return on the count column. Any other tips?

Level 7

Hey Chris,

Sorry, I thought the custom form was at the project level. The nested calculation will only return one line per result (ie issue) and there is no way to sum these. I'm stumped on this one!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Level 4

The summing is really what I'm looking for (if it exists). I know enough to check for the form on the issues, but trying to figure out how to convert those returns to a number and sum them is where I get lost.

Community Advisor

if the only thing you wanted was the count of issues per project, would it be feasible to just use an issue report and filter by the cat ID, group by project name, and then display the summary tab?

Level 4

I'm trying to show it on an existing status report with other data. That's why I'm trying to make it a custom column.