Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copying a task multiple times in one project under different parent tasks

Level 4

I have a pretty large project with over 100 parents tasks. We need to add a new subtask under each of those parent tasks. Is there a way to batch copy the task to all those parent tasks without having to go one by one adding it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4

I usually do this using a kickstart file. You can read more about kickstarts here.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/manage-wf/kick-s...

It gets a little annoying because you have to have the guids for each parent, but if you create a report with this info, it will be easy enough to export and then copy/paste all the guids into the column they need to be in.

I would recommend you test with one first and if that works, you can do all the rest.

Level 2

Hi @JHulet and "@skyeh" (nice try on the #aacgotcha01 disguise...),

Untested, but if it works, could save some tedium...

It might be possible to use the #set ("pound-set") syntax within a Kickstart (or our Excel Updater solution) to dynamically look up the parent projects in this case (i.e. export the rows of the existing parent tasks, use those GUIDs to be the #set parentTaskID, and insert a new column for ID of 1, 2, 3...).

Regards,

Doug