Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Capturing external vendor hours

Level 9

We have a team looking to capture external vendor hours.  We don't have the external vendors in Workfront so the main point person is logging the time under their user account.  We have offered the solution to log it under a different hour type called "Vendor Time" so they can filter but they want to view in matrix form together with the actual team members. 

Note we are SSO and migrating to Adobe Admin Console so I can't create generic user accounts for them to log time against this as the vendor. 

How do others manage this? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi, I feel like someone needs to make a decision here:
- If they want this user's hours, they need to be created as an SSO user and could have a single project that they have access to with ongoing/general task(s) to log time against (whatever is comparable with how the team is getting pulled into matrix report). 

OR

- If they don't want to give this person SSO access just for WF time tracking, then the hours will not be able to be pulled into the WF report with the other hours. 

A desperate idea if neither is suitable, is the person logging time on behalf of this user today could still log, but you'd want to change your matrix report to group by something other than username/hour owner. You could have a project with tasks that are named in a way that is clear that this is the vendor time. Then if you group hr reports by task or by project, you'll know all time in that project/task for the vendor is vendor time (even though in reality it is logged by a different user).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )