Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Converting Calculated Text Field to a Number Field

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Is there a way, on a report, to convert a calculated text field (Deployment Charges) to a currency (or number) field so that I can roll it up and sum it at a grouping level?

For example:

• I want to see a sum Deployment Charge value for all the records by project.
  • E.g. 5 records with Deployment Charges, each at $25, the roll up at the project level would show $125 for Deployment Charges

I'm aware of calculated data expressions, but not sure how to build this out in my report, based on my above request. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3

Nick,

The ability to sum the data in a custom field is determined by the format of the custom form field. The Formats of Currency and Number will allow you to sum the column into the grouping. Unfortunately there is not a way to edit the format of an existing field so a new field would need to be created with one of the above formats to be able to sum this data in the report.

In this case you would open the existing custom form were the 'Deployment Charges' field exists and add a new field with the correct format selected. This article can walk you through adding a custom field to the form.

Hope this helps,