Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

convertedOpTask as Object in Calculated Custom Field

Level 6

In Reporting you can link between a Project and the convertedOpTask object and so can then also "Navigate" to the Project from which it originated. But while the Calculated Field area seems to allow you to enter it in a similar fashion, when you go to save the form, it provides a message that the field is unknown.

My client has Master Projects and then Child Projects that are created as Issues on the AMster Projecgt and then converted to their own project. The Master Project has initiative information that applies to all the child projects. 

I wanted to have a View Only custom form that had calculated fields that navigated from the Child Project to the convertedOpTask and then to the Master Project. For instance:

IF($$OBJCODE="PROJ",{convertedOpTask}.{project}.{DE:DDC_Derived Target Audience},{project}.{DE:DDC_Derived Target Audience})

This formula looks like it works in the builder. Essentially it says, If I'm on a Project, go through the Converted Issue to the Project and get the Target Audience Field otherwise (because it could apply to the originating issue) just go to the MAster Project and get the Target Audience.

Since the form builder does not save, is there another way of doing this.

(I have thought about having a report and embedding it in a dashboard on the child project but since a dashboard would show up on all projects its kinda messy - but does work.)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

this is a messy solution but if the request details are not going to change, have you considered just setting them at the request level and then pushing them into the converted project at the point of conversion?

e.g. Your request would have a calculated field called "project_DDC_Derived Target Audience", and this would copy over when you convert to a project. Meanwhile, add another field to your project called "actual_DDC_Derived Target Audience" so that if the "project_DDC_Derived Target Audience" is blank, it looks to the "DDC_Derived Target Audience" field for this information

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

this is a messy solution but if the request details are not going to change, have you considered just setting them at the request level and then pushing them into the converted project at the point of conversion?

e.g. Your request would have a calculated field called "project_DDC_Derived Target Audience", and this would copy over when you convert to a project. Meanwhile, add another field to your project called "actual_DDC_Derived Target Audience" so that if the "project_DDC_Derived Target Audience" is blank, it looks to the "DDC_Derived Target Audience" field for this information

Level 6

Unfortunately they do change, thus the desire to be dynamic. Currently we are bringing them in when initially instantiated. Its actually a pretty involved process of automation. I just did not want to have to add a new Scenario to maintain synchronization as well.