Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Controlling Random Notifications

Level 3

We have a few users who seem to get random notifications that don't apply to them. Usually it's when a project status changes and I've noticed that they are usually associated with one particular portfolio or template. I've checked the sharing on the portfolio or template and there's nothing there that should trigger the notification. Am I missing something?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Mark, is it possible that these users are hanging out in the People tab of your template?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Mark, is it possible that these users are hanging out in the People tab of your template?

Level 3

Hi Skye - It looks like that might be it!! How do people get there and do all of them get those notifications? That's not part of the template sharing.

Community Advisor

I like to say they are just troublemakers.

But the truth is, users get added to the People tab every time they get assigned to a task (or manually through the Add User button in the scheduling tab).

And then they just never get removed, because the only way to remove them is to go to the People tab and delete their name from there. (caveat: removing someone from the People tab will also remove them from the task assignments in that object)