Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content Missing from Resource Planner

Level 9
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out why some data may be missing from the resource planner. One of my users (admin level access) has set up a filter (by group and by job role) and assigned a bunch of work to herself (all recurring tasks), but the planned hours aren't showing up in the resource planner. She is a part of the resource pool assigned to the project, she has a job role, a schedule, the tasks show up in the list but don't display the planned hours. Anyone have hints as to why this is the case? Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group
6 Replies

Level 2
Hi Anthony, I have had many questions about the functionality of the Resource Planner as I've been getting my agency to utilize this more effectively. Thus, I've reached out to Workfront several times with the same types of questions you've asked. :) In order to see Planned Hours, 1 - the Project Owner and Resource Manager should be the same - chances are you are missing Resource Manager and that's why they're not showing 2 - resource pool(s) must have the people that you need in them, and ALL active projects that you want to see in the Resource Planner must have resource pools attached in order to show up 3 - all users must have job roles assigned in order to show up here Again, chances are #1 is happening for you. Let me know if that works! Colleen Masters Fathom

Level 9
Hi Colleen, All three points are set properly and the hours still don't show. Now, if the user in question clicks "Work on It", the hours display for that task. Even if we unassign her and then reassign her to that task, the hours display. It seems like all my ducks are in a row but its still not working and I can't quite figure out why. Anthony Pernice

Level 10
Hi Anthony, Have you raised this with support already? The hours should show for the case you mentioned so it should be good for them to go through the troubleshooting process. @Colleen Masters since 19.2 Resource Manager access is no longer needed for Resource Planner. Ability to access the tool is now controlled through access level Resource Management permission controls. Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront

Level 2
Meaning you don't need 'planner' access to access the Resource Planner? Colleen Masters Fathom

Level 10
You need to be a Planner user to see the People > Planning tab, but if the Planner User view was shared via the URL, it can be accessed by Workers and Reviewers via that URL. Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront

Level 1
Hi Anthony, were you able to get this sorted out? If so, what was the issue? Ashley Adam