Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

completion date projected 25% more than planned

Level 2
Hello everyone! Im working with a custom form to have a health check of the project and in one of the questions I want to know if completion date is projected 25% more than the time planned to give a recommendation and work in a Change control. did someone know how to make this calculated field? Lourdes Garcia NEMAK S.A.B de C.V.
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi - How are you determining what is the 25%? Is it based on project's total duration? (i.e. Project is 24 days long and is planned to end 8/24 so you want to know when the projected date is greater than or equal to 9/3) What I'm thinking is actually two calculated fields: Planned Completion + what ever makes 25% An IF statement that let's you know that the Projected Completion Date is greater than or equal to the first calculated field You can then do a report where second calculated field equals Yes (or True, whatever word you use ;) ) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Hello, Yeah that's the trick, how do you tell WF what you expected the duration to be? You'd have to use the Baseline Planned Completion Date or create a Field (on a Project Form) called Expected Planned Completion (or whatever you choose). Then you can do some calculations. I was thinking a Project Report using the DATEDIFF ( DATEDIFF(date1, date2)) with the Start Date and the Planned Completion Date. Call that X. Then a DATEDIFF with the Start Date and the Baseline (or Expected) Planned Completion Date. Call that Y. Then a calc of (X – Y) / Y gives you the percentage. And highlight anything greater than or equal .25. I haven't tested it, but I believe that is correct. Of course if Workfront's Schedule Performance Index (SPI) worked properly, it'd be easy. Anything with an SPI less than or equal .75 would be your trigger. ��