Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on Custom Form Fields

Level 3
Hello Workfront Community, I'm trying to figure out a way to report off a Custom form field when the " Allow more than one option to be selected" box is checked? Whenever I use the Grouping feature of a report the field is not populating. Thanks for the help Cliff De Jong @ IEHP
2 Replies

Level 4
Cliff, You are experiencing the one to many trap! When grouping on a field, that field needs be one to one...Workfront does not allow grouping a report on any multi-select field. If the field must be a multi-select then you have three options for reporting. Let's say there are 4 choices within your multi-select field: Option 1 (recommended): create a report, filtered on the first choice. Group it by a single select field that makes sense. Select the Column chart to show the number of times that field has been selected. Copy and repeat for the remaining 3 choices and put all 4 reports on a dashboard side by side (with 4 reports I would put it 2 x 2). I have done this for many clients when working with multi-select fields (even assignments). Option 2: Create a calculated custom field with the equation "Multi-Select Custom Field Name". This will bring in the results of the multi-select field such as "Choice 1, Choice 3". Then you can group based on the calculated field which could give you as many as 14 different groupings. This is why I don't recommend this option very often. Option 3: Use another reporting tool like PowerBI or Tableau. I hope this helps! Have a great day! David DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 3
I tried Option 1 as you suggested and it's working. Thanks, David for your recommendation. Cliff De Jong @ IEHP