Expand my Community achievements bar.

Completed Project is showing "In Trouble"

Level 2
One of our recent projects is showing "In Trouble" even though it's complete. Has anyone else experienced this or know why that's happening? I tried to refresh the timeline, but it doesn't do anything at this point. Jernae Kowallis Progressive Leasing
3 Replies

Level 7
Was the last task completed after the project planned completion date? Say the Schedule you have set in Workfront is 9 to 5, and say the last task was completed on Jan. 22 but at 5:10 pm. In Workfront, this would make your last task "Late", which in turn would make the project "In Trouble". This article may help in explaining how task statuses inform project conditions -- Understanding Project Condition . They are very much intertwined. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
Ah, that could be since our team has a regular tendency to work past 5. I'm glad you brought that up! Thank you! Jernae Kowallis Progressive Leasing

Level 2
Hey Jernae, Do you go by whole days in your projects or does the timestamp matter? For me I go by whole day but we've run into this type of stuff as well. I think there's something in a project schedule that can be setup at the admin level where you can state which days are available for a project and the times that people work. I'm wondering also if at the resource level the team members have to state their work hours and then the system pulls from this against the timing of task? I'll put items due the following day when I have room to do so in the schedule to try to avoid these items. You could also set the project status to manual so that you can flip it from in trouble to on track instead of having the application do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. If it's late, it's late basically but looking at timestamps may assist with giving more breathing room there to show it correctly. In your scenario, if the item for me got done that day (for 9 times out of 10 depending on project constraints), I would flip it manually if it were truth that the item was completed on the estimated due date but went past the time on the task. Does anyone know, can time be disabled on a project so that there is a focus only on the date? I haven't heard if there's a switch for that but maybe that's a path to take as well. Tim Greek IEHP