Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Comparing tasks for various projects

Level 4
Hello, My team is looking for the best way that we can view or see the various projects we are working all in one place so that we can see what others have going on, if there are a bunch of tasks all hitting on one date, etc. Currently, we can make a calendar but it shows all tasks for every project. We are interested in just seeing some of the tasks such as "send" tasks or proofing tasks. I know I can also add a tag or keyword that brings that task over onto the calendar. Ultimately, I'm just looking to see what others are doing. How is your team currently comparing tasks and projects and what is happening on the same dates, etc.? We just want to have more transparency into what other team members are working on and what is all hitting at once so I'd like to hear how others are viewing these items in Workfront. Thank you! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi - we have tried various things... Using "task name contains": Not recommended. No matter what we try to do, people have a hard time sticking to naming conventions. Using Template Task ID: This worked well for some accounts (not for a whole business unit or even instance wide) You can filter by various Template Task IDs so you can include all the "send" tasks across all your templates for that report or calendar Using a custom form on the task to tag it: This has worked out the best for us. What we did is create a Standard with Tagging view so as they are making changes to the template after it is attached or if they are starting from scratch, they can easily just click in that column and tag it. We can then build various reports and calendars with it. Using Milestone Paths on a project: Now that they have milestone diamonds on the Gantt chart, we do have a few accounts using the milestone paths to tag tasks. Some thing to thing about though: You can only use a milestone once. So if you want to track things like Client Meetings, you do need to have Client Meeting #1 Client Meeting #2, etc. When building reports, a Milestone ID or Name is specific to one project (i.e. Client Meeting #1 on Project ABC has a different ID than Client Meeting #1 on Project XYZ). So for your report or calendar, you will need to do a filter that is 'Milestone name contains Client Meeting". If it is like a hot sheet were you are showing all milestones due in the next 3 days and you want to use the grouping, you have to play around with the text mode to get the naming down. (Let me know if you are interested in this and I'll send you the code I've used and how you can manipulate it. Hope this was helpful. Anthony Imgrund FCB