Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Comparing Actual Completion Date to Original Baseline Planned Completion Date

Level 2
Hi All, I have a report that tells you the difference between the planned comp date and the actual comp date. This is the text mode used: displayname=Week Day Difference textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML Wondering if there is a way to compare the actual completion date of the project with the planned completion date stored in the project baseline? Want to get a sense of how "far off" the project actually was, compared to how it was set up when it was flipped to current. Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Andrew, Which type report you used in this case?? Mvh Kundan, Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 8
Both tasks and projects have a 'default baseline' object in reporting. So you can compare a plannedCompletionDate with a defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate (for projects) or defaultBaselineTask:plannedCompletionDate (for tasks). If the baseline you want to compare to isn't the default baseline - well, then you've got to do a baseline or baseline task report, which will have an entry for every project (or task) per baseline in the project. How you pull out the two you want, and compare them is a whole other can of worms. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Level 2
Ok great, thanks Barry! I'll give that a shot. Kundan this is a Project report. Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.

Level 2
Hmm, unfortunately, that didn't seem to work. It just returned a blank column. Did I enter it incorrectly? displayname=Week Day Difference textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.

Level 10
In valueexpressions you don't use colons unless it is for DE:custom field name. You want displayname=Week Day Difference textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({defaultBaseline}.{plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 5
Your values may be backward. Try this. displayname=Week Day Difference textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({actualCompletionDate},{plannedCompletionDate}) valueformat=HTML Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Level 2
Thank you!! That did it. Super helpful Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.