Expand my Community achievements bar.

Combining some, but not all, data points in charts

Level 1
I have a few scenarios where sometimes I want a report chart with an X axis of say: (Brand 1) compared to (Brand 2) compared to (Brand 3) compared to (Brand 4) compared to (Brand 5) etc. But other times I want: (Brand 1 + Brand 2 + Brand 3, total combined value) compared to (Brand 4) compared to (Brand 5) Is that second scenario doable? (note, Brand = Portfolio for us) Kirk Duke WEX Global Fleet Marketing
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Kirk, One partial option is custom chart colours, where you can choose to group certain items and/or have a bucket colour for 'other'. This only applies to the colours though, rather than aggregating those groupings. I guess another option could be to use two grouping calculated fields with IF logic to populate values based on another field. Then use a column combination chart to plot the totals for each of the grouping calculated fields. Really hope Workfront add this in the future. I know they're doing work on Analytics currently. Curious whether @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore has any ideas.... Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Thanks for the tag, David, Kirk, fo r your second objective, similar to our Budget vs Actuals solution, I'd suggest you: create a Portfolio Override text custom parameter create a Portfolio Rollup calculated custom parameter, with a formula that uses the Portfolio Override if it is not blank, and the Portfolio Name itself, otherwise Enter the same Portfolio Override (eg "1, 2, 3") on your 1, 2, and 3 portfolios, but leave it blank on 4 and 5 Group your report bu Portfolio Report, thereby comparing "1, 2, 3" against 4 and 5 Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 1
Thanks Doug and David for the suggestions. I will give the override solution a try. In the meantime, I've done something similar to David's suggestion. I've built a few single column reports filtering to the desired brands, and put them side by side in a Dashboard. Thanks again! Kirk Duke WEX NA Fleet

Level 10
@Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore 's solution is more elegant than mine (although down a similar path)....I recommend doing what he says! Regards, David David Cornwell