Expand my Community achievements bar.

Column Sharing in Report

Level 2
Can you share more than two columns? I have been able to share two but three does not work.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

57 Replies

Level 4
Ah yes, I'm quite familiar with that issue and after some trial and error I was able to figure it out when it was happening to me. I didn't actually look at your code yet but based on what you described its actually nothing that you did wrong. From what I can tell, when you combine one of the default bolded fields like project name with other fields, they all take on that attribute. I'm not sure if this is because there is open tags in the Workfront code or not but the solution is actually quite simple. Basically what I've done is created another column to go before the field that is bolded and the only thing in that column is a tag. Then my column.1. would be the default field that is bolded, like the project name. I would then add in the in my column 2 to close out that bold tag and than i'm free to use whatever formating i want after that. here is a sample of the 3 columns, where the 1st is column is blank and just the b tag, the next column is the default Project Name column, and then the column after that closes out my b tag and starts whatever i want after. column.0.displayname=Projects column.0.sharecol=true column.0.textmode=true column.0.usewidths=true column.0.value= column.0.valueformat=HTML column.0.width=600 column.1.descriptionkey=name column.1.isInlineEditable=false column.1.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID column.1.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID column.1.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int column.1.link.lookup=link.view column.1.link.valuefield=objCode column.1.link.valueformat=val column.1.linkedname=direct column.1.listsort=string(name) column.1.namekey=name.abbr column.1.querysort=name column.1.section=0 column.1.sharecol=true column.1.shortview=false column.1.stretch=0 column.1.textmode=true column.1.valuefield=name column.1.valueformat=HTML column.2.sharecol=true column.2.textmode=true column.2.value= Project Manager: column.2.valueformat=HTML column.2.width=1 Let me know if that makes sense and if it was what you were referring to. Thanks!

Level 4
I just looked at the code and all you are really missing is that new blank column.0 with the tag in there and then it should work for you. You already had the in the column.2.

Level 6
Hi Scott, great stuff. I’ll hopefully be able to have another go this afternoon. ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D22DF3.73CEEF10]

Level 6
Hi Scott, I finally found some quiet time to work on my report. It’s nicely displayed now with bold titles and normal text info - well except for the requestor name which is also in bold and I can’t figure out why. Anyway, I can live with that. Next challenge - how do I add about 10 spaces after each title before it lists the info for that title? Is that possible? Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D23117.1B1203E0]

Level 10
Laura, you should be able adjust each title and add some spaces. For example: Details: If you paste the latest code, we can identify the reason behind the bold requestor name.

Level 4
I was going to say the exact same thing! Thanks Narayan! In Reply to Narayan Raum:
Laura, you should be able adjust each title and add some spaces. For example: Details: If you paste the latest code, we can identify the reason behind the bold requestor name.

Level 10
Here's an example of how you can insert some html characters and colors as well. See the attachment.

Level 6
Hi, I’ve since fixed the requestor name issue (not sure how though). The code is in a bit of a mess I’ve just discovered as it’s missing some columns and it hasn't shared some. Very annoying because I have to go back through and change all the column numbers after I insert some of the missing columns. I tried just adding some spaces but it didn’t work. I’ve attached the code here in the word doc - thanks!

Level 6
I should add, I'm very new to text mode (and Workfront) so I'm very good at copying and pasting code but not as good at understanding it. I really like how you've laid yours out with colors and style etc. Very nice - I want that!

Level 10
If you have to insert columns, you can “break” the sharing by removing the sharecol=true, which will visually display your columns again side-by-side. You can then insert your column and, if done properly, let the GUI handle the renumbering for you.

Level 8
Narayan, I would love to see your code for this example that includes HTML. Pretty slick! [Here's an example of how you can insert some html characters and colors as well. See the attachment.]

Level 4
This is great and I've done some similar things like this. please note though, that when you export out the report in PDF format, it doens't translate the HTML into HTML. Instead you just have the code. I've put a ticket in regarding that and it seems like that there is nothing that can be done, its just the way it gets rendered. So instead of having text being italics for example, it comes back as Italics Text when exported.... In Reply to Narayan Raum:
Here's an example of how you can insert some html characters and colors as well. See the attachment.

Level 10
Yes, that’s one of the drawbacks of fancy HTML code in dashboards and reports… they don’t export.

Level 10
I'll paste the code for the first set of fields in the first and second columns below. I've also attached the image again. One thing to note, this is generic enough that you can add it to an Issue report and then link to that issue report from a custom tab in your Issue view. I forget the name of this feature, but it allows you to render data relevant to the object you're currently on, which is neato. This text only uses native Workfront fields, so it'll work for anyone. FIRST COLUMN ####################################### column.0.displayname=Request Summary column.0.sharecol=true column.0.shortview=true column.0.textmode=true column.0.value= Ref # column.0.valueformat=HTML column.0.width=250 column.1.descriptionkey=referencenumber column.1.isInlineEditable=false column.1.linkedname=direct column.1.listsort=intAsInt(referenceNumber) column.1.namekey=referencenumber.abbr column.1.querysort=referenceNumber column.1.sharecol=true column.1.textmode=true column.1.valuefield=referenceNumber column.1.valueformat=int column.2.sharecol=true column.2.textmode=true column.2.value= ‚Ä£ by column.2.valueformat=HTML column.3.displayname=Entered by column.3.linkedname=enteredBy column.3.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.3.namekeyargkey.0=enteredBy column.3.namekeyargkey.1=name column.3.querysort=enteredBy:name column.3.sharecol=true column.3.textmode=true column.3.valuefield=enteredBy:name column.3.valueformat=HTML column.4.sharecol=true column.4.shortview=true column.4.textmode=true column.4.value= column.4.valueformat=HTML column.5.Shortview=true column.5.sharecol=true column.5.textmode=true column.5.value= ‚Ä£ from Group column.5.valueformat=HTML column.6.displayname=Group of Requestor column.6.linkedname=enteredBy column.6.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.6.namekeyargkey.0=enteredBy column.6.namekeyargkey.1=homeGroupID column.6.querysort=enteredBy:homeGroup:name column.6.sharecol=true column.6.textmode=true column.6.valuefield=enteredBy:homeGroup:name column.6.valueformat=HTML column.7.sharecol=true column.7.textmode=true column.7.value= ‚Ä£ on date column.7.valueformat=HTML column.8.descriptionkey=entrydate column.8.displayname=Entry Date column.8.isInlineEditable=false column.8.linkedname=direct column.8.listsort=atDateAsAtDate(entryDate) column.8.namekey=entrydate.abbr column.8.querysort=entryDate column.8.sharecol=true column.8.textmode=true column.8.valuefield=entryDate column.8.valueformat=atDate column.9.Shortview=true column.9.sharecol=true column.9.textmode=true column.9.value= Latest Update: column.9.valueformat=HTML column.10.displayname=Latest Update column.10.namekey=latest update column.10.shortview=true column.10.textmode=true column.10.valueexpression=IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>1000, CONCAT(SUBSTR({lastNote}.{noteText},0,999),"...(open for more) -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate}), IF(LEN({lastNote}.{noteText})>0, CONCAT({lastNote}.{noteText}," -- ", {lastNote}.{owner}.{name}," on ", {lastNote}.{entryDate}))) column.10.valueformat=HTML SECOND COLUMN ####################################### column.11.displayname=Resolving Project column.11.sharecol=true column.11.shortview=true column.11.textmode=true column.11.value= Name: column.11.valueformat=HTML column.12.linkedname=resolveProject column.12.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.12.namekeyargkey.0=resolveProject column.12.namekeyargkey.1=name column.12.querysort=resolveProject:name column.12.sharecol=true column.12.shortview=true column.12.textmode=true column.12.valuefield=resolveProject:name column.12.valueformat=HTML column.13.Shortview=true column.13.sharecol=true column.13.textmode=true column.13.value= Owner: column.13.valueformat=HTML column.14.displayname= column.14.linkedname=resolveProject column.14.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.14.namekeyargkey.0=resolveProject column.14.namekeyargkey.1=ownerID column.14.querysort=resolveProject:owner:name column.14.sharecol=true column.14.shortview=true column.14.textmode=true column.14.valuefield=resolveProject:owner:name column.14.valueformat=HTML column.15.Shortview=true column.15.sharecol=true column.15.textmode=true column.15.value= Status: column.15.valueformat=HTML column.16.displayname=Project Status column.16.enumclass=com.attask.common.constants.ProjectStatusEnum column.16.enumtype=PROJ column.16.linkedname=resolveProject column.16.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.16.namekeyargkey.0=resolveProject column.16.namekeyargkey.1=status column.16.querysort=resolveProject:status column.16.shortview=true column.16.textmode=true column.16.type=enum column.16.valuefield=resolveProject:status column.16.valueformat=val

Level 6
Oh good idea! Thanks, this will save no end of time! Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D2334F.779FF3D0]

Level 6
One more time please, Narayan. I've attached my code (which I've had to adjust many time) that is now correct and contains all the fields I want. I've tried to get it back to where the field titles are bold and the rest plain but I cannot figure it out. Also, the issue entry date won't show and not sure what I've done wrong there. The only other thing I'd like are some spaces between the field title and the text, sort of like an equal tab space if that's possible. Thanks!

Level 10
Where does the bold begin? Can you provide a screenshot?

Level 6
Hi there, screenshot attached. Thanks! :)

Level 10
Hi Laura, since everything is in Bold, I’m not sure what the cause is here. I’ve seen this before and I think I was able to paste the text into a new blank report and it cleared up. Can you try this?

Level 6
Tried that and it didn't make any difference. I've attached a screenshot and the code for one that DID format the bold text properly but it was the one with a lot of the columns missing. Can you see what's making the difference there? Thanks

Level 4
Hello Laura, The problem is that there is a missing bold tag in the back end code or something that when you add the project name to the report and share columns it makes everything bold. The hack to get around this is to add the extra column in the beginning with the open bold tag that I mentioned before. Add a new column to your report and move it to the first column. Switch it to text mode and copy the following code in there: sharecol=true textmode=true value= valueformat=HTML This will combine the column with the rest of your code, but it adds the new open bold tag. You already have the close bold tag on the Date field so you don't need to add that. I've added the code to this as well so you can see the code but wanted to explain what I did and how to update your existing one. Scott In Reply to Laura Ray:
Tried that and it didn't make any difference. I've attached a screenshot and the code for one that DID format the bold text properly but it was the one with a lot of the columns missing. Can you see what's making the difference there? Thanks