Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Closing Timesheets

Level 7
Afternoon, Could anyone tell me the difference between just pressing 'Save for later' on a timesheet and pressing 'Save and Close'. Does it impact anything if the timesheet isn't closed and vice versa? Thanks Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
4 Replies

Level 10
We don't do any timesheet approvals so I can't tell you whether it has any effects on timesheet approvals. However, when you click on Save and Close on the timesheet, this makes the specific timesheet "inactive". When you click Back to timesheets to look for other dates, the default filter on that screen is "Active". We've had users come to us for support so many times because they they can't find their timesheets when actually, this is because they clicked Save and Close. We can't default that screen's filter to "All". Polly Co

Level 10
When you turn on timesheet approvals the options become "Save for Later" or "Submit". After a user clicks submit the timesheet status changes to "Submitted". At this point the user can still recall the timesheet and make changes. Once the manager clicks approve the user can no longer recall. That is how we prevent users from opening up past timesheets and making rogue changes. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 10
If you click on 'Save for late' - your timsheets still stays active and you're able to add/amend hours within in. Once you click on 'Save and close' the timesheets is inactive and close - you won't be able to do any changed/add hours to it. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 7
Thanks all really helpful :) Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited