Expand my Community achievements bar.

Changing long link to Project Custom Form to just say "View Form"

Level 8
Forgive me for not being great with text mode in reporting (haven't taking Advanced Reporting yet). I'm putting together a project report and I have a column that provides a link directly to project's custom form. Here is the working code I have for that column: valueformat=HTML displayname=Custom Form name=Actions textmode=true value=Link to expenses valueexpression=CONCAT("https://streamco.attask-ondemand.com","/","project/view?ID=",{ID},"&activeTab=form-customdata") valueformat=HTML However, the link is super long (because it's a full link). Instead of actually having the full link, I want it instead just to a link that says "View Form" and then obviously link there. How do I accomplish this on Project Report? I provided an attachment to be sure I'm being clear. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 7
Doug Den Hoed showed a neat text mode that shows the name of the custom form which linked the user directly to the form. This may help you. displayname=Edit Custom Form linkedname=direct namekey=category.name tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name

Level 8
Hi Greg -- thanks for passing on that info. Not exactly what I'm looking for in this case but it's a good to know for other cases where it could come in very handy. We stack a lot of forms in our projects -- and unfortunately, some of our form names are very long. In what Doug gave, it lists all the forms on the project (would be good for some other reports I have) plus our form names, at times, get on the lengthy side. I'd like to keep column width to a minimum given WF limitations on the amount/width of columns and how they "break out of the box" with too many. Plus, from our use level for our users, we are trying to deliver info/links/etc in the as concise of a manner as possible.

Level 10
Thanks for the repost, Greg. Hi Matt. Extending the idea, if the field in question is too wide, perhaps you could use a LEFT (or RIGHT; whichever's best) to shorten it to something reasonable enough, as below (untested...UPDATE: tested now, doesn't work; sorry): displayname=Edit Custom Form linkedname=direct namekey=category.name tile.name=component.objectcategories value expression = LEFT( objectcategoriesNamesString ,50) valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name Regards, Doug

Level 8
Hi Adina, yes, I saw this yesterday and was already aware of it when the link is in custom form, but I don't know how to get to work (renaming to something shorter) when the link is not something within a custom form, but instead this (see original message): valueexpression=CONCAT("https://streamco.attask-ondemand.com","/","project/view?ID=",{ID},"&activeTab=form-customdata") I'm probably just missing something. I've tried to get it work, but have not succeeded.

Level 8
Hi Doug, for your solution (which I understand is different than my original which opens the custom form tab in a separate window), I still just think there is too many characters due to our naming conventions on Custom Forms and because, as I said, we have a lot stacked forms. Even with forcing the column width, it's still a lot and could be even more confusing for the user than something just straight-forward and concise (my audience for this report doesn't care at all what the custom form name is). Is there a way that, instead of it putting the custom form names, it can instead say something like "View Forms" or even some kind of icon? I do appreciate your and everyone's help that has jumped in on this. The community is awesome!

Level 8
Ok, got it. My URL field is a calculated field on the project form, not a calculation on the report (I find it easier to setup that way). CONCAT(" https://docs.cisco.com/share/proxy/alfresco/editWorkfront?workfrontNodeRef=workspace://SpacesStore/",AlfrescoID)

Level 8
Adina, that is interesting and I'll keep that in my pocket. Thank you! It could be useful elsewhere / in the future for me. I do like Doug's solution better than what I had started with since it opens the custom forms on the same page without navigating away from the current page or opening in a new window as my original code did. If only there was a way to put something other than the custom form names in the column on his solution -- not sure that there isn't a way; it could just be me epic failing on the text editing code.

Level 8
Finally got this using a combo of Community suggestions, trail-and-error , finally taking the 9 hours of Advanced Reporting training, and research. I posted the answer over in a similar thread. Here is the link that gives the full breakdown for anyone that wants to know: https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a6fc32...

Level 1

@Matt May‚ This link is not working and I was really trying to get how you were able to minimize the form names and keep the link. Can you please share.

Level 7

Do you know if there is a way to access these old links? I would love to see how you achieved this!