Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Change Order Request Queue Types

Level 1
We are in the process of setting up Workfront for our organization. We currently have a request queue for project changes but our Workfront implementation consultant mentioned a change order so we can track project changes as they occur. Has anyone used the request type: change order and how does it work differently than a request queue. Virginia Perez
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Virginia, It works exactly the same as a Request Queue (if you want it to). The only difference would be the Issue Type would be a Change Order instead of a Request. You would just change your request queue project (under Queue Setup) to use the Change Order request Type. I suspect your rep was saying you could separate your Change Orders from regular Issues in your Project, in case you wanted to report on them or easily see them. That's what we do. We don't use a request queue for our Change Orders in projects, but we allow that Issue type and just manually create them and attach a Change Order form that has the appropriate information (i.e. details of the change in scope, schedule, cost, etc.). Hope that helps.