Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Can you sort predecessors #s in a report?

Level 3

Use case: We have a report for users that have multiple predecessors. One is the 3rd task and one is the 15th task.

However, when the report displays, it shows 15 first, then 3. My guess it's because 1 is less than 3, so it can't understand that it's a bigger number.

I trying to textmod an ascending order, and Workfront yelled at me and then crashed. (Metaphorically, of course.)

I know there are out of the box ways to sort certain columns, but my guess is Predecessors is excluded. Confirmation either way would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @RyanMcGee,

If this is a Task report with one row per task, you can sort by either Task Number or WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the resulting Predecessor Tasks listed in a single column using an iteration of the Task predecessors...yeah, those cannot be sorted (and to my knowledge, are essentially random, despite your 15 before 3 Reasonable Guess).

Regards,

Doug

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @RyanMcGee,

If this is a Task report with one row per task, you can sort by either Task Number or WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the resulting Predecessor Tasks listed in a single column using an iteration of the Task predecessors...yeah, those cannot be sorted (and to my knowledge, are essentially random, despite your 15 before 3 Reasonable Guess).

Regards,

Doug

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Correct: it's the concatenated fields that are out of whack. Appreciate the quick confirmation I shouldn't put too much effort into this, thanks!