Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Can you link to a file that's not web hosted in Workfront?

Level 9
There's some great files that our team uses to reference that are updated almost daily. I'd love to create a link to embed that file (or even a link to open it) in Workfront. I thought this would be easy since we use SSO. However, I can't see any other way other than using http:// vs. file://. Anyone have any ideas?
2 Replies

Level 9
Hi Christina, If you're referring to Workfront being able to access a server link, I don't believe that's currently possible. One of my teams (for reasons I still don't understand) was *adamant* about keeping all of their files on their server and not using Workfront's documents tab. We tried a number of ideas to get server links to work to no avail, checked with Workfront and discovered its just not something the system does by default. You could potentially make use of the integration with Box, Google drive or one of their other integrations. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 7
Hi Christina, The short answer is you can provide a link to the file, but not embed the file in Workfront unless you set up a custom integration. The long answer is just like above, you can use text mode on a calculated custom field, and then on a report to add in a link. It would be something along the lines of: CONCAT("URLGOESHERE ",LinkName) valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field}),"","Click Here") link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Custom Field) textmode=true valueformat= displayname=Link I'd say give that a go. Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront