Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can you change a requests Queue Topic after someone submits the request if they used the wrong Topic?

Level 4

Good afternoon,

Does anyone know of a way that we can update a requests Queue Topic after it is submitted?

We have a queue that has 2 Topics Groups and 10 Queue Topics, and even with a description of what each is for as a hover option we have requests being submitted to the wrong ones. Is there a ways for either the Project owner of where the queue is housed or others who have manage access to the queue can change those to fall within the correct ones?

Thank you,

Kristina

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can change the queue topic after the request has been submitted; but if the different queue topics display different custom forms on intake, there is no way to fix the fact that the requester filled out the wrong custom form.

In a request/issue report, from the view builder, add the column "Queue Topic." Users with manage rights to the request should find this field is actually a drop down, where you can re-assign a different topic to a request in the report.

Thanks to Skye for this, I only recently learned it could be changed after the fact.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can change the queue topic after the request has been submitted; but if the different queue topics display different custom forms on intake, there is no way to fix the fact that the requester filled out the wrong custom form.

In a request/issue report, from the view builder, add the column "Queue Topic." Users with manage rights to the request should find this field is actually a drop down, where you can re-assign a different topic to a request in the report.

Thanks to Skye for this, I only recently learned it could be changed after the fact.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 4

Thank you William and Skye! This is very useful and exactly what we needed.

Level 2

Hello - I realize this is an older thread but I'm hoping someone could help me. I'm using New Exp platform and have this same issue but the answer did not solve it for me.

I'm a sys admin and have full manage rights. Like Kristina we have 2 topic groups and 10 queue topics. My request report has a column for Queue Topic: Name but it doesn't give me a drop down to select a new topic within the report. I can't change it within the request details page either.

The topics are all under the same Topic Group. If I click on the queue topic name itself, it goes to the edit screen to change the global name. I don't want that. I just need a quick way to change it to another topic.

It would be great if I could get a drop down of all the queue topics to work as people often pick the wrong one!

Thanks!

-Teresa

Community Advisor

Queue Topic Name in a request report is not a dropdown, it acts like a typeahead. You have to start entering the name of the queue topic you want to assign and it will start presenting a list of options you can select.

Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply!

The field wasn't editable then I realized the column title was changed to 'Request Type' so that people who saw the report would understand what it was. I added a new column without changing the name Queue Topic: Name and that works. I didn't realize you had to keep the field name intact to make it work. Got it now 🙂! This will save me so much work and aggravation.

Many thanks!