Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can we edit Custom Form in Request while Running an Approval Process?

Level 10

Hello All,

Can we edit Custom Form in Request while Running an Approval Process?

We have created several stages in the same form, attached an approval process from the beginning.

Now, this does not allow to edit the custom form since it mention that approval process is running behind

with the whole form. At present if we want to edit the custom form behind request, then needs to quit approval process.

After this we have to start the approval process once again which is not required.

Appreciate any idea or suggestion in this regard.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

Kundan.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Kundan, I use this in my own workflow and have two request approvals pending right now where I can edit custom forms.

I would advise you just call the helpdesk and share screens with them. They should be able to set you straight. Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Thank you for guiding, I followed the below from above recommended link;

Allow Editing the custom form when the project, task, or issue is in pending approval status

Select this option to allow users to edit the custom form of projects, tasks, and issues when in the Pending Approval status. This is the default setting.

When this option is selected:

• All approvers (and any other users who have access to edit the custom form) can make changes to the custom form when the object is pending approval, regardless of the current approval path or approval step.
  • Changes that are made to the custom form during an approval process do not affect any approval decisions that were made prior to the change.
  • Any changes made to the project, task, or issue are tracked in the same way, regardless of this setting.

For example, if you added custom form fields to be tracked on the update stream, any changes to the form are tracked on the update stream on the object.

In respect to follow above, still not possible to edit the custom form when approval is pending.

I gave the user manage access in project area as manage (to edit custom form). But no success. DO you have any reference or used case to refer from where this access can give change to edit custom form while running of approval process.

Really, I need extremly support in this regard.

Please help. I can call or if you few minutes to show what I am doing, may be missing any link.

Best regards,

Kundan,

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Kundan, I use this in my own workflow and have two request approvals pending right now where I can edit custom forms.

I would advise you just call the helpdesk and share screens with them. They should be able to set you straight. Good luck!

Level 10

Thanks for your advice Skye. I will.

Mvh

Kundan.