Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can the custom form sit above the overview in a project?

Level 4

Super minor but is there a way to have your custom form above the overview after a request is submitted?

Teams are finding it annoying to scroll through the overview to get to the custom form which is where the more important information is. (I know you can close the arrows and drop down and vice versa) but it's worth asking

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have you considered using a layout template to control this? The second paragraph on the page below states, "You can also change the order of the information in which this information appears. For example, for all tasks that your users see, you can move Custom Forms information to the top of the Details view for all tasks that your users see."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/layout-te...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

I agree- there should be more customization options for layouts, such as placement. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have you considered using a layout template to control this? The second paragraph on the page below states, "You can also change the order of the information in which this information appears. For example, for all tasks that your users see, you can move Custom Forms information to the top of the Details view for all tasks that your users see."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/layout-te...

Level 3

Ah, that option has been restricted for me at my level. 

Level 4

Hello! I don't quite understand- apologies. 

I don't see being able to change the layout template / how it can be done?

Level 3

If you're like me, you likely do not have access to edit Layout Templates. You may want to work with your System Administrator to adjust the layout for your group. 

Level 4

I am the system Admin haha but can't see where this can be changed

Community Advisor

@Jaxelle are you familiar with Layout Templates? As Skye mentioned the second paragraph at her link mentions that you can change the order of what users see.

Then at the bottom of that link, the "Customize what users see in the Details View" has info about dragging headers to place custom forms above the overview. 

But if you're unfamiliar with where to find that, the "Create and manage layout templates" link within that section can help.