Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can I put tasks or milestones on hold?

Level 3

We have to put part of a project on hold but the other part is going ahead? What do you do in this situation?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It depends on the predecessors. The short answer is I separate those tasks from the others by removing predecessors that point to the tasks that will still be worked on, then I put a dummy task in that is set to a really long duration (whenever you think it will be resumed) and have all the "on hold" tasks rely on the dummy task.

Something like

Dummy Task Duration 90 Days (or whatever)

Task 1 Predecessor set to Dummy task

Task 2 Predecessor set to Task 1

Task 3 Predecessor set to Task 2

When I want to resume, I set the dummy task to Complete and that triggers the Task 1 to start.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It depends on the predecessors. The short answer is I separate those tasks from the others by removing predecessors that point to the tasks that will still be worked on, then I put a dummy task in that is set to a really long duration (whenever you think it will be resumed) and have all the "on hold" tasks rely on the dummy task.

Something like

Dummy Task Duration 90 Days (or whatever)

Task 1 Predecessor set to Dummy task

Task 2 Predecessor set to Task 1

Task 3 Predecessor set to Task 2

When I want to resume, I set the dummy task to Complete and that triggers the Task 1 to start.