Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I make Lookup fields in Workfront?

Level 3

I'm probably not using the correct terminology when I search for this and can't find it. I'd like to make a field with a multi-choice list of values created by looking up the values of a field in other objects.

In my scenario, it's kind of circular so I'm not sure it's possible. I want a custom field on the Program where the user can select from a multi-choice list that contains the names of other Programs that are of a specific type. Example:

1. I create a Program of Type "External Partner."
  2. On that Program, I choose the External Partner Type "Buyer Group."
  3. Now I must choose which Programs this Buyer Group represents. I need a field with a multi-choice list of all the Programs (their names) of the Type "Vendor"

Does that make sense? Is this possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mavis! Love your name btw!

I believe you are referencing what WF calls logic-based field choices. (or something like that). I know it's currently in the Innovation Lab for build out.

Long and short of it is, unless you want to add logic and make specific segmented fields for what you're trying to accomplish it can't be done. (yet)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mavis! Love your name btw!

I believe you are referencing what WF calls logic-based field choices. (or something like that). I know it's currently in the Innovation Lab for build out.

Long and short of it is, unless you want to add logic and make specific segmented fields for what you're trying to accomplish it can't be done. (yet)

Level 3

Thank you, Christina -- both for the compliment to my name and your answer. I guess I'll have to be patient to get what I want for the field. Always tough. :)

Level 10

@Mavis Moon‚

I've used the term "cascading fields," where the value of Field 1 detertmines the choices in Field 2 and so on.

In the current environment the feature does not exist. There are clunky and finicky workarounds, which we currently use.

@Christina Jarosz‚

Are you saying this feature is being actively worked on, or that there is rimply an Innovation Lab request for voting but no actual confirmation of it being worked on?

Level 9

Hey Kevin - it was showing as on the leaderboard on the Innovative Lab.

https://one.workfront.com/s/innovation-lab-leaderboard

I thought for certain I saw it was something being actively worked on, but now I see the status as 'not planned' so now I need to find why I thought it was being worked on.