Expand my Community achievements bar.

can I change the custom status?

Level 10
I created a custom status and equated it with 'in progress'. Now I want that custom status to equate with "complete", however, the equate box is grayed out. Is there a way I can change this? If the answer is no, uggh ... painful .... If I create a new custom status and give it the exact same name, equate it with complete and delete the one equated with in progress - what happens to the existing tasks that has that custom status selected? Does it automatically pick up the new one, because they have the exact same name or does workfront view them different because they were equated to different values ... in progress vs complete? Thanks Benetta Perry APS
3 Replies

Level 10
this is all purely from memory: 1) if you create status FOO and equate it with In Progress, and then you delete status FOO, anything with this status should go straight to In Progress. You can always test this out in your sandbox preview environment. 2) you can't create two statuses with the same name. 3) If the above are true, I would change the name of status FOO to FOO2, and create a new status FOO and equate that with Complete. Then run a report for everything with FOO2 as a status, and bulk edit to change the status of FOO2 objects to FOO. This will work for everything without a pending approval attached on it or attached on its container. -skye

Level 7
Hi Benetta, Skye is right on point with this one. Once you create a status, a key is created, which is the unique identifier that our code uses (or at least, 1 of the unique identifiers) to call to the statuses. So, once created, no changing. However, Skye's suggestion is one that I've used for years now, create a temporary status, delete the old status, it'll ask what status you want to set the objects to, select the temp status, then re-create the status, with the equates with to what you want, and delete the temp status, setting the objects from the temp status, to the newly updated status. I hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Great solution. Worked very well. Thank you. Benetta Perry APS