Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can anyone tell me how to show the color of a card which is on a scrum board in a report? I can see that there's the Color field but I'd like to shift to text mode to actually see the color visually or an icon rather than the color code.

Level 5

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Melissa,

Yes! However... it requires a bit of effort to do.

You can create a task report, add a column called "Task>Color".

Then save and close the report (you probably want to add some filters...)

Then copy the color code that displays (including the hashtag/pound symbol)

Edit the report and then you can select the column, add a column rule, put the color code value in, choose the background color that corresponds to the value you entered, save, save and close, and voila.. stories with that color will have that box filled in with the color you chose.

However, knowing that isn't the exact color drives me bonkers. So.. here's how to fix that.

Re-edit the report, edit the column, switch to text mode, and you'll see a bunch of comparison values. Look for the one that says righttext=#123456 (or whatever the hex is for the color you chose) and copy just the numbers.

Then look for trueproperty.#.value= and replace the numbers there, with the numbers you copied.

It should look similar to this:

styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=#2196f3 styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=2196f3

And voila!

I'd add all the other colors before switching to text mode and updating the value properties, but that's just cause I find it easier.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Melissa,

Yes! However... it requires a bit of effort to do.

You can create a task report, add a column called "Task>Color".

Then save and close the report (you probably want to add some filters...)

Then copy the color code that displays (including the hashtag/pound symbol)

Edit the report and then you can select the column, add a column rule, put the color code value in, choose the background color that corresponds to the value you entered, save, save and close, and voila.. stories with that color will have that box filled in with the color you chose.

However, knowing that isn't the exact color drives me bonkers. So.. here's how to fix that.

Re-edit the report, edit the column, switch to text mode, and you'll see a bunch of comparison values. Look for the one that says righttext=#123456 (or whatever the hex is for the color you chose) and copy just the numbers.

Then look for trueproperty.#.value= and replace the numbers there, with the numbers you copied.

It should look similar to this:

styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=#2196f3 styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=2196f3

And voila!

I'd add all the other colors before switching to text mode and updating the value properties, but that's just cause I find it easier.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!