Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Can an Issue Spin a Program without Fusion?

Level 3

I've inherited a system with a lot of manual processes. I'm working to streamline some items. However, I haven't found any resource material on converting an Issue into a Program.

Is it possible to convert an issue to a Program?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm no expert but I think this is something you could reproduce by making a series of API calls. When it comes to API calls I immediately think of my dear friend @KarltonHa1, he might have done something similar while he was a customer and can share it with you. If now I'm sure @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has a non-Fusion solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hello Deborah,

since a program is more of an "organisational object" for grouping similar projects together, it wouldn't really be logical to turn an issue into a program. The program can be interpreted more as a file folder for a specific subject area or as a filing cabinet in which related projects are stored.

Nevertheless, it cannot be completely ruled out that something like this could be achieved through Fusion. However, it would be important to know how you envisage the result.

If you take a look at the API Explorer, you will notice that there are relatively few fields available in the program object type compared to a task or project.

For example, you could have Fusion create a program with a project that contains multiple tasks and assign the values from the original issue almost at will.

Regards

Lars

Level 3

Thank you for this information, Lars! This is very helpful. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm no expert but I think this is something you could reproduce by making a series of API calls. When it comes to API calls I immediately think of my dear friend @KarltonHa1, he might have done something similar while he was a customer and can share it with you. If now I'm sure @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has a non-Fusion solution.