Expand my Community achievements bar.

Call for project managers who do intensive project planning in Workfront!

Level 10
I need people who do intensive project planning in Workfront, please reply here if you do :)
12 Replies

Level 10
Yes, I do… Eric

Level 4
How do you define "intensive"? Are you looking at it from a standpoint of complexity or volume? I certainly have projects with lots of dependencies, lag time, milestones, etc. but I like to try and keep my task lists to 100 or less (for simplicity sake and performance). So, I do all my task and date planning in Workfront across multiple projects, but I don't have any 1,500 Task projects (I have inherited those in the past though). All that said, I would be happy to help.

Level 3
I would second Jason's question, how do you define intensive? We utilize 48 project templates, have projects with over 100 tasks and some that last as long as 9 months. All of our projects are in Workfront and many have cross project dependencies. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 10
I agree, I should have been more specific :) We need project managers who use Inline editable tasks lists for planning their projects. Changing the WBS structure, predecessors, duration, moving tasks around etc. It's OK to have less than 100 tasks, I just need feedback around some of the performance improvements we did to the tasks lists that is not released yet. If you have time, can you guys email me, and I will send some instructions to you. I don't have access to contact you directly. Thanks in advance for your help!

Level 4
Sure, what is your e-mail address?

Level 10
annagrigoryan@workfront.com Thanks so much !!!

Level 10
Hi Anna, I’m a frequent user of the WBS, Predecessors, Duration, Moving Tasks, and am very interested in seeing what you have developed! How can I help? Thanks, Narayan

Level 10
Hi Anna, I'm in....I've sent you an email :) Regards, David

Level 10
Thanks so much to everyone on this thread who have spent time and provided their valuable feedback to product and development team!!! For the new comers, we are planning to enable this functionality on Preview environment on Jan 4th for selected customers only, if you would like to be part of Beta Testing team, please review this article and sign up with the link provided in the article. We couldn't make Workfront better without your feedback! Anna

Level 10
For those who have not yet had a look and are interested in early feedback, I have found two great things about the new Task list functionality: Applying and changing groupings is MUCH faster. The button to collapse/expand a parent task is now at the end of its name, rather than the beginning. This means that parent tasks no longer look partially indented compared to other non-parent tasks at their same level. Such a minor change makes a huge difference to how neat and easy-to-read the lists are now. Looking forward to doing more testing of this in our Preview environment soon... Regards, David

Level 10
I want to thank everyone who has has signed up, we believe we have good number of users that we can continue testing and get feedback. The sign up link will be closed for now. Adam Menz will be connecting with those who signed up for more feedback.

Level 3
Hi Anna, I have sent you an email. Yes please include me in the Beta Testing. I raised an issue to Workfront regarding the performance issue when the project has huge number of tasks (200-300+). This is currently with your product team. Cheers, Maricel