Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calendar of Projects I'm On

Level 10
Hi I can't understand why this isn't working. I have a calendar that displays tasks based on the Task Name includes "blah". It works fine. Now I want to add a filter so I only see Projects I'm On. I go to the Projects tab and select Assignments: Assigned to ID = $$USER.ID This seems pretty basic but the user is still seeing ALLprojects, even those they don't have any assignments in. Help? Thanks! Jill Jill Ackerman
4 Replies

Level 10
Did you check the Project>Staffing>People tab to see if the user is included there? Not sure if that would result in what you're seeing, but I know that we have people who get on the People tab (could be from a copied project, or inherited from a template) and then they receive notifications on the project - when they aren't assigned to any of the actual tasks/Issues on the project. So I'd check that first.... Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
Thanks for that input. I did think of that, and no, these people are not on those other projects showing up in the calendar. It's the same filter as "projects I'm on" and those other projects aren't showing up in that report, but they are in the calendar. Weird, right?

Level 3
Jill, The best luck I have had with calendar reports is to make sure you are choosing all the parameters within the same tab (Project tab or Task tab), but not a mix of both. When you choose parameters from the Project and Task tabs, you get the results of each of them as a separate calendar entries. Whereas if you have both of the parameters set within one or the other, you should get the combined results you are looking for. So in your case, is there a term within the Project name you could search for (as opposed to the task name)? If so, you could stick with going to the Projects tab and select Assignments: Assigned to ID = $$USER.ID and then under the Projects tab, select Project Name contains "blah" If this would not fit your scenario, you may have to find a commonality within the Task tab to get combined results to display on the calendar. Debbie Scalf BCBST

Level 10
Hi Debbie – I think you are right, that makes sense that I can't filter properly in a calendar like I can in a report -- not the answer I was hoping for! But the calendars, overall, are very inflexible, so it's not totally surprising. Thanks!