Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calendar -- need help eliminating a Program from view

Level 10

Hi

I am making a calendar and I am trying to eliminate any projects that fall within a specific Program related to the Portfolio that has Projects I do want to appear in the calendar.  We have one Program that is a subset of a portfolio so it is the only Program with a name in the whole system. But the projects in that program appear no matter what I do, it's like the Portfolio Name subsumes any effort to eliminate the Program from the view. This is what I have in there below. What ever am I doing wrong?!

Example: Portfolio ABC has 100 projects and 90 of them are not in any Program; Portfolio ABC/Program DEF has 10 projects that I don't want on the calendar

I want to select Task Names that contain "XYZ" that are also not complete to appear on the calendar

FIRST TRY AND PROGRAM PROJECTS APPEAR ON THE CALENDAR:

TASK TYPE

Project/Portfolio ID = ABC

AND

Project/Program ID IS BLANK

AND

Task/Task Name CONTAINS XYZ

AND

Project/Status = Planning, Current

AND

Task/Status Not Equal Complete

SECOND TRY AND PROGRAM PROJECTS APPEAR ON THE CALENDAR:

TASK TYPE

Project/Portfolio ID = ABC

AND

Project/Program ID not equal DEF

AND

Task/Task Name CONTAINS XYZ

AND

Project/Status = Planning, Current

AND

Task/Status Not Equal Complete

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jill,

That is odd: to me, either version you tried should have excluded the 10 projects with program DEF.

Perhaps trying a simple filter with only Program IS BLANK would work, but logically, AND statements cannot (then) add to the results.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jill,

That is odd: to me, either version you tried should have excluded the 10 projects with program DEF.

Perhaps trying a simple filter with only Program IS BLANK would work, but logically, AND statements cannot (then) add to the results.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly so forgive me if I misunderstood. Are you trying to list tasks on your calendar, and projects are appearing as well? This seems to indicate that projects are being filtered in somehow (which would happen if something was in your projects section (under "What would you like to add to the calendar?").