Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Calculations disappear on calc filed

Level 1

I created a new calc field for naming conventions and I am trying to apply them to my forms. When I pull the field form the field library all of the calculations are missing. When I try to add the calcs back in I get an error that this is a multi-use form and if I want to update the calc field then I have to remove the current and add new. If I try to save without updating the calcs i get the same error message. How do I get the calc field to keep the calcs from the field library? 

Thank you 

1 Reply

Community Advisor

The way Workfront works is that you're able to use a custom calculated field on different forms, with different calculations each time. As a result, every time you pull in a calculated field, it is blank and you must recreate the calculation (either by copy and paste or some other way).

If you are getting the multi-use form error it's because somewhere in your system there is an object that is using two forms, and both these forms have the same calculated field with different calculations.

Your mission is to locate this/these object/s and

option 1: reconcile the calculation so that they are the same for both forms.

option 2: stop using multiple forms / stop using the same calc field in more than one form.