Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculated Field to Pull in Field on Related Object

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I'm looking to pull in the Planned Completion Date to a custom calculated field on an Issue form.

I've attached a screenshot of my formula. Can anyone advise as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You might want to use "Source Task.Planned Completion Date". I usually find the fields by creating a report and seeing what I would use in that report space. So by pulling up an issue report and looking through the fields, I don't see a Task section but I do see a Source Task section. So that would be my first guess about what would work with the issue calculated field. By the way, I see your calculated field is set to text... you might want to set it to Date or Date/Time instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You might want to use "Source Task.Planned Completion Date". I usually find the fields by creating a report and seeing what I would use in that report space. So by pulling up an issue report and looking through the fields, I don't see a Task section but I do see a Source Task section. So that would be my first guess about what would work with the issue calculated field. By the way, I see your calculated field is set to text... you might want to set it to Date or Date/Time instead.

Level 10

That worked...thanks, Skye....and for your thought process.