Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculated Field Formulas

Level 1
I am new to workfront and trying to use calculated fields but can't seem to get the formula to work. Does anyone have a list of actual "formula examples" they can post? If not here is what i am trying to do: create an "if" statement that says if the actual completion date is greater than the planned completion date to return a value of late here is my formula but it is not working. IF(Actual Completion Date>Planned Completion Date,"Late") Vicki Morgan Tech Data
3 Replies

Level 10
hi Vicki, your formula works--at least, it works in my system on a task if the calculated field is on a task custom form on that task. What is it that isn't working on your end? Also I suggest you try some troubleshooting. What's your custom form field on, and did you click the tiny checkbox that said "Update previous calculations (in the background)"? -skye

Level 1
i was trying to pull this field into a "project" report showing late projects. Is that why it's not working? Sounds like you are using it in a task view. I'm going to try that now. Vicki Morgan Tech Data

Level 10
It should also work for a project. You would be running the same troubleshooting procedures but just looking to the project instead of the task. -skye