Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Calculated Field for which custom form object is using?

Level 2
Is there a way to pull a report to show which custom form is on an object? We currently have a workflow with 3 separate request queues, with each getting a resolve project. We tie them all together by a calculated job number that carries over on a data field in each form. I can create a report that ties each of these objects to the job number, but it isn't intuitive what object each line on the report corresponds to. The custom forms would be Content Request Content Project Creative Request Creative Project Digital Request Digital Project So if I could include a column that showed this, I think it would be easier for my users to track what each object is. For some background, we originally built our Workfront instance to facilitate just Creative Requests. The content and digital workflows have only been added recently - we track them differently than the creative projects. I'm trying to find a way to tie it all together when we aren't putting everything on one project (I know, that would be easier but our team isn't quite there yet). Hope this question makes sense! Heather Lambert Marketing Operations Project Manager Optiv, Inc Denver, CO
2 Replies

Level 6
Hi Heather, You can add the following code to a Project/Task/Issue report as a text mode column to get what you need displayname=Custom Forms linkedname=direct namekey=category.name tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name Justin Renteria SSFCU

Level 7
Hi Heather - If you run a report on Work Item, you can add projects, tasks, risks or issues and then add the Category Names associated and it will give you all custom forms associated with each object. Here's the text mode code that should appear when you add the Category Name field. valuefield=project:customFormsNames valueformat=HTML linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn displayname=Custom Forms Associated tile.name=component.objectcategories textmode=true namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=category.name viewalias=project:category.name Hope this helps, Teale Teale McCleaf Google Inc.