Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timesheet Notifications

Level 1
Hi, Are there any particular tricks to get Timesheet notifications to work as defined? I've read all the existing documentation - created a new profile, created specific email notifications and assigned users to the new timesheet profiles. But, I can't seem to get any of them to send the notifications. Are there any tricks to getting them kicked off? Are they set up to only work once NEW timesheets are generated from that profile? Or should it retroactively work on open time sheets that qualify? Thanks, Jonathan Gerson Jonathan Gerson Ortho Clinical
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2
Hi - I just went through this recently myself. Any changes to your timesheet profile (including notifications) will not retroactively impact already generated timesheets. I think the automated timesheets will create "this week and next week" so there will always be 2 current. What you can do is, after applying a notification to a profile, delete the timesheets for this week and next (it will delete any general hours but not project hours) and then regenerate them through the Setup -> System -> Diagnostics -> Generate Timesheets. After this the newly generated timesheets should reflect any changes. Rich Blickley Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc.

Level 1
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I was able to set up automatic reminders for staff to complete their time sheets. It took a while for it to kickoff and it is pretty basic. I'm not sure how much value it brings. I have not been able to determine if everyone is receiving them or only the ones who's time sheet is late. Alex Rogers State of Arkansas - Administrative Office of the Courts

Level 2
I don't have the answer to the user's original question (sorry) but I did want to bump this back up and respond to Alex's thread. We too have the same notifications set up for our org. They receive a notification the next day if their timesheet from the previous week is still Open. Trouble is, I don't know how accurate the notification is since I've gotten several complaints from my team members that they receive the notification and when they go to check their timesheet, the status is Closed. So for our Workfront friends - when WF automatically sends a notification saying your timesheet is still open and to submit your time, what is Workfront's action from there? Is the system actually closing the user's timesheet? Why would a team member get that notification and then see that their timesheet had already been Closed? Colleen Masters Fathom

Level 2
Hi Colleen and Workfront - I am wondering if the report captures the status at the qualifying period, which happens 24 hours before the email is sent. Kathleen Kientz St. Joseph's Health