Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Calculate length of time project has been in status

Level 8

How might you calculate the length of time a project has been in a specific status? Specifically I'm trying to build a report that flags projects that have been on hold for several weeks/months.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know that there will be a way to do this without either a calculated field on the project, or a journal entry report. Both kind of have their own problems.

Here's a sample custom calculated field calculation:

IF(Status='KEY',IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field}),$$NOW,{DE:Custom Field}),{DE:Custom Field})

(KEY is whatever status you're looking for's 3-character code)

- Fields like this will capture the first time, which is great unless you're looking for more than one time.

- You could set it up to capture more than one time, but then you can't do any calculations, you just end up with a string of dates displayed, per project.

- you can't go "back in time". The calculated field starts capturing data as soon as you put it in, not before.

For a journal entry report, you have to be very clear about what you're looking for (and also good at interpreting journal entry reports) Here is a sample filter to at least get you started -- you'll want to add to it. Just switch it back to standard mode once you copy/paste it into your report:

opTaskID_Mod=isblank
fieldName=status
fieldName_Mod=cieq
newTextVal=ONH
newTextVal_Mod=cieq
changeType=E
changeType_Mod=in
projectID_Mod=notblank
taskID_Mod=isblank

The main down side is that it isn't connected to your standard project report -- it's a whole report in and of itself. On the other hand, you can go back in time quite a ways.

Level 8

I suspected this might not be easy. I also suspected you might be the one to chime in  Thank you for the insights!

That all said, I've created an idea folks can upvote: New field: Duration in current status - Adobe Experience League Community - 606050.