Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

bulk update task planned hours

Level 5

All,

We have around 350+ current projects launched from a new workflow this year.  We recently pulled data for one task in the workflow (1st copyedit) and discovered that the actual hours entered for completed tasks is significantly lower than the task's planned hours in the template.  We want to lower the planned hours for the remaining incomplete instances of this task.

I first built a task report but realized that planned hours was not an available field in the bulk edit menu.

It seems like it should be pretty straightforward to make the bulk update in Fusion, but I've had no luck.  I've tried running test scenarios in both a WF test drive and in our WF instance.  Using a WF Update Record module, I enter the Task ID as the ID and Task as the Record Type; I select Planned Hours under Fields to Map and then enter the new hour value.

In both the test drive and live instance, the scenarios run with no errors, but the planned hours are not updated.  Could someone please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ah... got in touch with Customer Service.

Using the 'Planned Hours' field doesn't work (and its system/API name--'workRequired'--isn't an option).

Had to use 'Work' instead.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ah... got in touch with Customer Service.

Using the 'Planned Hours' field doesn't work (and its system/API name--'workRequired'--isn't an option).

Had to use 'Work' instead.

Level 1

Thanks for sharing this, Kristen! I was having the same problem and resolved it thanks to your comment!