Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Bulk load object IDs into text mode

Level 3

Dear All,

I often create reports on various system objects whith use of IDs. Can somone help me understand on how should I get my IDs exported and fomated so I can copy and paste it to text mode? As far as I know I can never get the spaces right. 

Kind regards,

Lukasz

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you paste an example of something you tried that didn't work? So we can see where where the problem may be.

Level 3

Hi Randy,

It will be difficult to show this with snapshots. 

For excample, today I filtered a set of template tasks by which I wanted to identify parallel project tasks. I had approx 200 ids but am unable to correctly trasnposte these from excel export to taxt mode filter. I seem unable to replicate the space between individual IDs in any format: text, excel etc. I am preatty sure it must be format issue but I cant find a way to automate it. I simply want to avoid entering these IDs manually.

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Community Advisor

I usually export to Excel, copy the column I want, paste that into Word without formatting (so it comes in as lines instead of a table), bulk replace the paragraph breaks with tabs, and remove the tab at the very end of the sentence. That's just me, though.

Level 3

Ill try this, hopefully it will also work for me.