Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Bulk Edit Assignments

Level 2
Hi Community Members! I need some advice on bulk editing capabilities. I have an employee who will be leaving our organization who is assigned to hundreds of tasks. Is there an easy method to bulk edit & assign those tasks to another person rather than manually changing each one? Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org
8 Replies

Level 8
Hey Chris - I have a report that I use for when users leave the company. It finds all incomplete tasks assigned to the user who's leaving. You are then able to select all the tasks that are returned by clicking the little box at the top left of the report. An "Edit" button appears where you can change the assignment and it will update all the tasks that were selected. Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 10
to add to what Kirsten said, if you are in any way nervous about this, please go into your sandbox and experiment. :) -skye

Level 5
This is very helpful! Question- when I run the task report with the specific assignee filtered, I only get the tasks they're the sole assignee for. Any idea if there's a way to get the tasks for which they're one of two people assigned? Looks like the filters for 'assignee' don't include 'includes, contains'. Thanks! Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 8
Hey Janelle - I think in that case, you need to do an Assignment type report instead of the Task type report. That should help you find tasks assigned to multiple people! Kirsten Heikkinen

Level 5
Thank you so much Kirsten. The assignment report worked to show the rest of the tasks I was looking for. It seems the task report will give you tasks where the person is one of many assignees, but only if they're the primary one. The assignment report shows tasks where they're the sole, primary or secondary, etc. assignees. From what I can tell, anyway. Appreciate the help! Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 5
Although it seems you can't bulk edit from an assignment report...that's unfortunate to say the least. Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 10
Janelle, if you're in a task report, you can filter by assignment users name--rather than assigned to name--it should give you the same result as an assignment report. -skye

Level 5
Ah, that seems to have worked. So many options that I didn't know existed- can be overwhelming. Thank you! Sorry for hijacking this community post. Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation