Expand my Community achievements bar.

Filtering Projects via API for certain Portfolios

Level 1
Hello everyone, I'm currently running into an issue where the payload of my project pull is too big where it's causing a timeout error. To alleviate this issue, i'm looking to reduce the amount of project records I pull in but only including projects associated with specific portfolioIDs. For background, my web services are ran on C# and in Microsoft Visual Studio. I'm quite certain i've found the correct _Mod with "in" but when filtering for multiple portfolioIDs, no results are returned (such as the statement below). filter = new { fields = "*,parameterValues", portfolioID ("59ce35540085b92531d15b8e6ff39673,59823bab011d356b6d472d0c0047c791"),portfolioID_Mod = "in" }; However, when i reduce the list of IDs to just one and keep the _Mod the same, it DOES give me results filter = new { fields = "*,parameterValues", portfolioID = ("59ce35540085b92531d15b8e6ff39673"),portfolioID_Mod = "in" }; I suspect it has something to do with how i'm assigning the portfolioIDs as the URL generated can't seem to handle multiple IDs. If anyone has any ideas, please reach out! Thanks in advance. Shane McCoy Equifax, Inc.
2 Replies

Level 5
Not having a lot of luck testing delimiters. Have you tried just making a separate request for each portfolio? Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 10
So we've just cheated. We have a custom form on the portfolio that "For XYZ Export" with Yes/No options. Then we do a filter that says to pull portfolios with For XYZ Export equaling Yes. Our timing was kind of tight so we just did that and then (being honest), I never went back to figure out just using ID numbers. LOL! Anthony Imgrund FCB