Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Building a Report to show # of Days Late on Project

Level 4
Hello, Does anyone know if there's a way to build a report/column that shows how many days beyond the planned completion date a project is? So for example, if a project was due on March 6 and it is now March 8 is it possible to have a column that shows that the project is 2 days late?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 2
Hi Erica, For your report you can use "Project > Planned Completion Date", Less Than, and then use the Wildcard of $$TODAY. You may want to constrain the report in another way, to ensure only Projects you care about will be searched. e.g. A Portfolio, or some custom form/field that exists on all projects you care about. For the view, add a new column, and then you can use this text mode... displayname=Days Late textmode=true valueexpression=CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$NOW,{plannedCompletionDate}))," days late") valueformat=HTML This column could also be added to any Project view. Screenshots attached! Let me know if this helps or you have any questions. Thanks!

Level 8
Assuming your using a project report, add a column in text mode. To only show late projects I used the following text: displayname=Overrun linkedname=direct namekey=plannedCompletionDate querysort=plannedCompletionDate textmode=true valueexpression=IF(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)<0,ROUND(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY),0),"") valueformat=HTML If you're not comfortable using text mode, the first line (displayname) controls what you call the column. If you want to show '14' for a project that has two weeks to go and '-14' for a project that is two weeks late, change the valueexpression line to: valueexpression=ROUND(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)

Level 8
Looks like we posted pretty much the same solution at the same time :)

Level 4
This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll try it out and let ya'll know I come across any problems. Thanks, Haven and Barry!

Level 10
Hi, Here is the text mode for a view a lot of our Project Managers use where they want to know what is late and by how much but there isn't a filter that only shows overdue items. We've used it for both task and project reports/views. If there is an actual completion date, the field is blank. If the planned completion date hasn't passed yet, it says "Not Late". If it is late it says how many days it is late. displayname=Days Late textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),IF({plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAYe+1d,CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF($$NOW,{plannedCompletionDate}))," days late"),"Not Late")) valueformat=HTML

Level 3
Hi Anthony, I am trying to run this text mode but it is not working for me. I can tell you the report I created was an assignment report, could that affect it? Or maybe it's because I don't have the actual completion date. The "Due Date" is the planned completion date column, I just changed the name. Essentially I just want to show the days late of a task based on completion date. This will kind of be our tattle-tale report. Erika Garrett Gulfstream Aerospace

Level 7
To jump in here, on your Assignment Report, try adding task: in front of actualCompletionDate and plannedCompletionDate in the above text mode. I think that should do it. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services