Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Building a company skills matrix in Workfront

Level 3

Hello. Has anyone utilized Workfront to build a user based skills repository and subsequent dashboards? For example, <Employee> -> Application -> Application Skill level -> Language -> Language Competency. (One to many relationships)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just like you can build a project custom form, issue custom form, etc., you can build a user custom form to attach to your users with the fields you have listed. I've used a user custom form to indicate if the user was contractor or FTE and a couple other things and it was very easy to report on from there.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I think that's what the "Talk to me about" field is for. You could just report on that.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Just like you can build a project custom form, issue custom form, etc., you can build a user custom form to attach to your users with the fields you have listed. I've used a user custom form to indicate if the user was contractor or FTE and a couple other things and it was very easy to report on from there.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

As @Madalyn_Destafney mentioned, the best way (which I did as well) is to use a user custom form. The skills can be either levelled from 1 to 5 or can just be "Beginner", "Professional", "Intermediate", "Not applicable"